Each month, both the staff and students will be learning about Nā Hopena A‘o (HĀ.)
Nā Hopena A‘o (HĀ) is a Department-wide framework to develop the skills, behaviors and dispositions that are reminiscent of Hawaiʻi’s unique context, and to honor the qualities and values of the indigenous language and culture of Hawaiʻi.
This month we will focus on strengthening our sense of Excellence.
Strengthened Sense of Excellence: I believe I can succeed in school and life and am inspired to care about the quality of my work. A sense of Excellence is demonstrated by a love of learning and the pursuit of skills, knowledge and behaviors to reach my potential. I am able to take intellectual risks and strive beyond what is expected.
- Define success in a meaningful way
- Know and apply unique gifts and abilities to a purpose
- Prioritize and manage time and energy well
- Take initiative without being asked
- Explore many areas of interests and initiate new ideas
- Utilize creativity and imagination to problem-solve and innovate
- See failure as an opportunity to learn well