My name is Mrs. Halsted and I am Ka`umana Elementary's School Counselor.
Some fun and interesting facts about Mrs. Halsted.
- Many years ago, I worked at Robert's Bakery (probably only your grandparents would know about this bakery).
- I was also a cashier at downtown KTA that you probably shop at (that's my favorite grocery store).
- I was born and raised in Hilo, went to Kalanianaole Elementary and Intermediate School, graduated from Hilo High School, graduated from the University of Hawaii in Hilo and also the University of Phoenix.
- I have been working with students from elementary to high school for over 20 years as a teacher and a school counselor.
- I have 4 children. Two of them are twins and they are students at Ka`umana Elementary.
I look forward to seeing you virtually and in person.
Be safe. Wear your mask. Practice social distancing. Wash your hands.